Art Model Pose Timer
I tool a figure modeling class- not a class on how to model figures, but on how to be a model for artists. And one of the bits of discussion was timing poses; especially with short poses in a series, like "One minute poses, for 20 minutes", it is up to the model to keep track of time. So we talked about counting breaths, or using the clock on your phone. For longer poses (like "Stand there for 20 minutes without moving.") the moderator of the session may being the one keeping track, and they may want to call out every 5 minutes.
And I thought to myself "Self, I bet there's an app out there that automates this..."
I looked after class... and there IS NOT. How is there not? It's a specialized timer with customizeable parameters! You'd need:
- Length of pose- preset and custom
- 1 min, 5 min, 15 min, 20 min
- Length of transition/break between poses- preset and custom
- 5 sec, 10 sec, 5 min, 10 min, 20 min
- Notifications during pose- preset and custom
- Every 5 min, Every minute in last 5 minutes, Only last 5 minutes
- Start time delay
- Clear Start & Stop buttons.
- Very simple and clean graphically.
- Customizeable chimes
And that's it, really. This is a thing that could be made for iphone and android and dropped in the app stores for $4.99 without much drama at all.